Vinos Tierra Aranda | History
16986
page-template-default,page,page-id-16986,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-5.7,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.3.4,vc_non_responsive
 

History

1957. The growers in the county decide to form a group.

 

1958. FIRST PROJECT FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A WINERY, PRODUCED BY ENGINEER DON ÁNGEL ARRÚE ASTIAZARÁN.

 

1961. The “Virgen de las Viñas”  Cooperative comes into being.

 

1963. The winery is built and the first Board is elected.

 

1964. The first wine is produced.

 

1965. The production capacity of the winery is doubled.

 

1980. The first red wine to bear the name “Tierra Aranda” is produced.

 

1982. The Ribera del Duero Denomination of Origin is established. Our winery is among the first to join.

 

2001. Our wines begin to receive international recognition.

 

2002. The bottling line is installed and new premises for ageing are built.

 

2005. The whole winery is provided with air conditioning.

 

2010. The Pago de Breda and Avantum brands come into being to complement the three which we already distribute: Tierra Aranda, Viña Hijosa and Vega Valerio.

 

2012. The current Board is elected.

 

2013. THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY DECIDES TO CHANGE THE NAME OF THE COOPERATIVE TO “BODEGA TIERRA ARANDA”.

 

2015. SOME OF THE POSITIONS ON THE BOARD ARE MODIFIED.